Blue Fairy Triforce
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dingle's Thoughts on Fanfiction sites.

Go down

Dingle's Thoughts on Fanfiction sites. Empty Dingle's Thoughts on Fanfiction sites.

Post  OH!Merton. Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:27 pm

Dingle's Thoughts on Fanfiction sites. Tumblr_lmqrimSnFH1qbwdyq
Fanfiction.net:

Basically the only thing you can find on there is yaoi and Mary-sue's. There's a handful of reader insert hidden in little corners of the website, but they're usually sucky and don't last long.

Not to mention you have to shovel though the insane piles of CRAP just to find something decent to read. Really, although it's the best of it's kind out on the internet it's only filled with similar things.

- The online writing tool is AMAZING. I adore everything about it, of course if I was in charger I would make it so you could categorize what you're writing.

- Speaking of Categories- Fanfiction.net is also the fastest on adding new categories.

- I just wish you could categorize your stories like you can do on quizilla. It's hard digging through an auhtor's section for a specific story if it hasn't been updated in a while and therefore is not sitting on the top.

They should really take down anything that's really shitty. Sure they have beta readers, but they're not used as much and seeing a story like "this is gary this is larry they are gay for each other and this has no plot other than sex i do not like grammar and i think this story is as amazing as twilight oh em gee edward is so hawt because i am a chubby steriotypical tween girl pretending im a college student online who likes coffee and being awesome and i have finals every week because i know nothing of college who cannot stick to a plot and follow the cliche think ways of loving vampires because they are so beautiful and better than werewolves or things that are actually normal like not sitting here like a lonely little girl writing crappy smut because i have no friends and no decent un-social life like actual hipsters who are so awesome they know how to multitask and can be found in the epic shit section on tumblr and write like real authors!!!!!1!!11!! gary and larry get married the end." totally makes me want to throw a rock at the author's face.

Okay, if I keep complaining about the idiots on ff.net I'll never get on with it.

Dingle's Thoughts on Fanfiction sites. Tumblr_lj9i4o8HBk1qf8k25

QUIZILLA.

Known best for it's stupid quizzies about love and why you'll never get laid and what character you're most like comes with something hidden behind all that in the story section of the website.

Dingle's Thoughts on Fanfiction sites. Tumblr_lez96yUEPa1qaaqmq

Fanfiction.

Although it seems like a strange place to find stories, it doesn't matter if it seems underground or not. 99% of the stories suck. They way they have it authors don't last long either-

Wanna know why?

Because there's no reviews, and it takes a shitload of work to send someone a message just so that you know how much they like your story.

The categories are pretty sweet, but with no 'next' selection to go to the next chapter you have to open a new page from the category each time. TOO MUCH WORK.

...overall, Quizilla is for people who want to feel underground by writing on a website where you don't expect fanfiction. It's got more reader-insert than anything else, and that's why so many people flock there. (Because they feel like they found people they can relate to and therefore write all their stories- only to get no reviews whatsoever because THERE IS NOT WAY TO REVIEW.

Dingle's Thoughts on Fanfiction sites. Tumblr_lmqrnuQ8n61qbwdyq

LUNAESCENCE:

People who realize Fanfiction.net if for yaoi and oc's, and that Quizilla is a whole bunch of wanna-be indie tweens who do absolutely nothing other than rate stupid stories that make children books seem literate go there.

IT'S LIKE A HOUSE FILLED WITH OLD CHEESE THAT HAS MELTED IN THE SUN- LOTS OF FUCKING BUGS.

Dingle's Thoughts on Fanfiction sites. Tumblr_lhf5wpwgvz1qch51h

I could seriously rant on this website for the longest time because it has a lot of potential but fails itself every time.

Here, let me tell you how.

If you feel like you want to take the next step with your writing and want to have it actually viewed upon by people who actually like your stuff what do you do? You make an account.

You know what happens when you make an account?

You get kicked off.

Seriously, I have had three accounts with Luna and every time I log on, it kicks me off. KICK, BAM, SLAM. I know I'm not the only one either because lots of people have complained. The answer they give you: "old bug". Definitely not an 'old' bug, it's still there.

SOUNDS LIKE THE CHEESE.

Dingle's Thoughts on Fanfiction sites. Tumblr_lfe46ff5pR1qe4oo2

Anywho~ because of that it's hard to use the online writing block tool. {Which is a really small box, hard enough to write in.} You could write for two hours, something good that looks nice and then go to submit it. 'PLEASE LOG IN' says the website that has me wanting to bash my face so hard against a wall my nose falls off.

You press the back button and it says you're logged back in BUT YOUR STORY IS GONE.

TWO HOURS OF YOUR UN-LIFE GONE BECAUSE THE WEBSITE SUCKS MORE BALLS THAN A GIANT VACUUMN CLEANER ON A GOLF COURSE LAKE JUST AFTER AN AMATEUR COMPETITION.

Now's lets say you realize this and write a story on your computer instead, you then presume to upload it.

Dingle's Thoughts on Fanfiction sites. 2mzyzhj

IT TAKES GODDAMN FOREVER JUST TO GET YOUR STORY OUT OF THE QUEUE AND OUT FOR PEOPLE TO READ.

....and then you know what?

YOU DO THE WHOLE GODDAMN THING OVER AGAIN.

Dingle's Thoughts on Fanfiction sites. Tumblr_llmdpcv6Og1qg78ez

Ever wonder why so many stories barely make it to chapter four? Well, this is the reason why. And this is why Luna is a big only pain in the ass- and definitely not the GOOD pain in the ass {because that shit is only on Fanfiction.net, mind you.}

FOS-FF.

It's similar to Lunaescence. Really, most of the stories are unfinished.

THEY ARE SO BAD AT UPDATING CATEGORIES.

NEW MANGA COMES OUT? TAKES WEEKS JUST TO GET IT ON THE CATEGORIES.

Dingle's Thoughts on Fanfiction sites. Tumblr_llzf2hjy7c1qioovgo1_500

....yet, I have made a site and don't stay for long so it doesn't matter to me. I don't even check anymore.

There are the main ones I see used, and after seeing them all I realize how much I HATE them all.

Here's what I would think would be the best site:

Luna's layout.
Fanfiction's online writer.
Quizilla's categories.
Fanfiction.net's speed of getting stories out.
Fanfiction.net's speed of updating categories.
Luna's lack of ads.
Luna's and Fanfiction's ability to change penname.
- something that deletes or edits all the shitty stories.
- but doesn't take the goddamn amount of time that Luna does.

...I'd say that's about it.

........I'm going to quite my ranting and go find a decent website now.

Dingle's Thoughts on Fanfiction sites. Tumblr_lmqrbjYjzH1qbwdyq

OH!Merton.
OH!Merton.
Admin

https://bluefairytriforce.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum